Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Collections to iPads via iTunes

I've got 500 PDFs in iBooks categorized into 20 Collections that I need to put onto 20 iPads.

When I sync via iTunes the PDFs transfer to the iPads BUT not the Collections, so it's just the unorganized PDFs.

Is there a way to get the Collections to sync??

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:06 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:23 AM in response to lvalesko

Hello ,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to sync your iBooks collections from your computer to your iPads while keeping them in their collections. To accomplish this, please follow the steps outlined in the attached article.

Sync iBooks between devices - Apple Support

Keep your books up to date across your devices

If you start reading a book on one device, you can pick up right where you left off on another device. Collections, highlights, notes, and bookmarks sync across all of your devices. Select these settings to sync:

• On your Mac, open the iBooks app and select iBooks > Preferences > General. Then, select "Sync bookmarks, highlights and collections across devices." This setting is on by default.
  • On your iOS device, go to Settings > iBooks. Then, select Sync Collections and Sync Bookmarks and Notes. (In iBooks 3.2 or earlier, select Sync Collections and Sync Bookmarks.)

Have a great day,

Joe

Sync Collections to iPads via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.