Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud for windows 4.0.2

I can't get cloud for windows 4.0.2 to install on a windows 8.1 machine any ideas?

It gets all the way done and says there is a problem with the installer and then rolls back. I have tried everything I can.

Thank you!

Windows 8

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:17 PM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 1:42 PM in response to mvprealestate

If you hover over the downloaded file it should tell you the version number.

What version of iTunes are you running? If you have the full 64 bit version you may want to try downgrading to the iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) version which is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application. This might play better with the iCloud control panel.

tt2

Feb 26, 2015 1:52 PM in response to mvprealestate

My machine at home actually states that I must use the older version for video to work, but for other installing this version has been a useful workaround for a number of issues, not necessarily limited to the video system, but also compatibility issues with other hardware and software.

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates in case you have any troubles pulling out the old software before installing the new.

tt2

icloud for windows 4.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.