Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4: Callers can't hear me but I can hear them perfectly

The other person is constantly saying "hello" "hello?" "hello" while I can hear the other person just fine and talking regularly. There's a slim chance of when it actually works, and it's only for about a minute. At first I thought it was my service provider, which I called them and they suggested that I change my sim card. And I did. The problem seemed to go away for about 3 days but soon after it was just like before. I've tested the microphone by recording voice memos and they sound normal. Face timing (and face time audio) also works, but for some reason calling a number won't. I have also reset it to factory settings which didn't do anything either.

I've dropped my phone a couple times in the past few months, could something have moved within the phone that makes it not possible for callers to hear me? I just wanted to get a second opinion before I take it to genius bar.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 7:33 AM in response to angelapull

Hi angelapull,

I can understand how that can be frustrating I know you have tried a lot already but take a look at the article below for some additional troubleshooting options. Make sure your iPhone is up to date with its software and you may need to restore it. Do not forget that you can use a headset and speakerphone in the meantime until you get it resolved.

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Take it easy,

-Norm G.

IPhone 4: Callers can't hear me but I can hear them perfectly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.