Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the correct apple id and password, but can not activate my iphone?

Hello all,

I have the correct apple id and password but can not activate my iphone, it says this apple id cannot activate this iphone. this is all done after restore?

Why this is happening and how can i fix it ?

Regards

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 2:33 PM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 2:38 PM in response to akarakashi

One final thing you could do is if you still have the receipt for the proof of purchase or remember where you purchased it, you can gain the proof of purchase and call AppleCare and ask to speak to a Senior Advisor and they can assist in removing the lock, as long as the proof of purchase shows the Serial number. All that paperwork will need to be faxed or emailed

Feb 27, 2015 12:45 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

No I didn't purchased this phone new. I used with my apple id and it showed on the web. I removed from the web from find my iphone and restored the phone via itunes. Now it asks me for my apple id, first letter corresponds to my apple id and also @hotmail.com. its like q*****@hotmail.com. But when i try to activate now it doesn't work. What can the problem be? First of all it showed on find my iphone, so it is strange to not work now.

P.S. I have changed my icloud while the phone was restoring. I tried with both passwords, with old one it says e-mail or password incorrect, with new one it says this apple id cannot be used to unlock this phone.

Feb 27, 2015 12:11 PM in response to akarakashi

Did you ever change your iCloud password after you activated the phone the first time? If yes, then you would need to change it back to the old one. This can get very complicated if you change IDs or passwords in the middle of things. I just encountered something similar with my daughter's phone. Since we activated the phone the first time, we changed the password for the iCloud ID. I had almost forgotten that we did that. When I went to deactivate it when we purchased a new phone, the new password wouldn't work. So I used the old one and it worked fine.

I have the correct apple id and password, but can not activate my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.