Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop

The Airdrop connection between my Mac desktop and my Macbook Pro has stopped working. I have used it many times in the past.

Both computers are using OS 10.10.2 and the Wi-Fi connection is just fine.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Catherine

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:08 PM

From Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices - Apple Support:

• Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on your Mac and your iOS device. Although you don't have to connect to a specific network, Wi-Fi needs to be on to send and receive files using AirDrop.
  • Move your devices closer together. AirDrop is designed to work within a range of approximately 30 feet (9 meters). If you need to send a file to someone farther away, consider using File Sharing, iCloud, or email instead.
  • If you're using a firewall on your Mac, you won't be able to receive AirDrop files if you have enabled "Block all incoming connections" in the Security & Privacy pane of System Preferences.
  • Make sure your devices meet system requirements for AirDrop.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2015 5:08 PM in response to lensbaby

From Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices - Apple Support:

• Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on your Mac and your iOS device. Although you don't have to connect to a specific network, Wi-Fi needs to be on to send and receive files using AirDrop.
  • Move your devices closer together. AirDrop is designed to work within a range of approximately 30 feet (9 meters). If you need to send a file to someone farther away, consider using File Sharing, iCloud, or email instead.
  • If you're using a firewall on your Mac, you won't be able to receive AirDrop files if you have enabled "Block all incoming connections" in the Security & Privacy pane of System Preferences.
  • Make sure your devices meet system requirements for AirDrop.

Airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.