Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted imessages

Hello,

I've deleted an imessage thread by mistake. I've searched the message board, but there doesn't seem to be any recent information on the topic.

Is there any way to "un"delete imessages, like finding them in a "trash" bin or something?

It was very easy to delete the entire thread. (Too easy) I was hoping there was an equally simple way to restore them.

Can anyone help? (Without having to purchase additional recovery software?)

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:45 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 1:37 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you Illaass for your suggestions. (Your efforts are appreciated)

I haven't reviewed them all yet, but I have recently looked at the Wondershare idea. (Which appears to require a membership fee if you actually want to retrieve the lost information.)

I just have trouble understanding why Apple themselves don't provide a "simple" method for correcting a "simple" mistake. It's not like the data has really disappeared. (At least a secondary "trash" bin or something, making you agree to delete things twice.) These other companies seem to know where to retrieve it from.

Aside from providing other "buddy" software companies a complimentary income source, why wouldn't they do this themselves, for free?

Again, thanks for the ideas. Just not the one I was hoping for.

Aug 27, 2015 8:14 PM in response to Gadget Human

If you need to undelete the iMessages on iPhone, you can try to get them back with your iPhone backups including iCloud backups and iTunes backups.

Because the iMessages chat history on iPhone backups will not be deleted unless you have not synced you iPhone immediately after the iMessages was deleted.

I think you can try to restore from iCloud backups because now iCloud allows user to directly recover deleted data, contacts and other from iCloud backup after you visiting iCloud.com. If that does not help, you can use iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted iMessages directly from iPhone.

Hope you can solve the issue with this method.

deleted imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.