Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Keeps asking to turn cellular on.

I have an iPhone 6. I'm home most of the time in front of my wifi so I have a limited data plan. I have cellular turned on to send MMS but every app has cellular turned off.

Every time I go to to an app a window pops up and asks me to turn cellular on. I don't want cellular on. Is there a way to get this to stop asking me? It's annoying.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 2:32 PM

10 replies

Feb 26, 2015 4:33 PM in response to mewkiss

No, every time your iPhone goes to sleep and is not connected to power it drops the WiFi connection. When you wake it up it attempts to update certain things in the background and first attempts the cell connection. Finding it off it gives you that message. It will then proceed to connect to WiFi and update.

Keep it plugged into power while you are at home.

Feb 26, 2015 4:39 PM in response to deggie

I don't think that's it because I was on my phone, switched to google and got the message. I was back and forth between apps and it kept popping up one after the other and my phone never went to sleep. It just started it doing it after not doing it for awhile.

And with your theory, if I understand it correctly then every time I got on my phone after it woke up it would give me that message and it doesn't.

Feb 27, 2015 9:19 AM in response to mewkiss

A Reset and a Restore are not the same thing. A reset is like rebooting your computer, another thing that also clears a lot of problems. A Restore is done by connecting your phone to your computer and clicking on Restore. If you do it from your backup it will restore your game play. Assuming you are backing up your iPhone.

Feb 27, 2015 9:43 AM in response to deggie

I did know a reset was not restore but I did not know that restoring from a backup saved my game play.

I do back up to my MBP so maybe that might solve a lot of weird problems I'm having. I'll do that when I have some time.

I Never had a single problem with my iPhone 4 and this one is plagued with weird things.

Thanks for the help and information.

iPhone 6 Keeps asking to turn cellular on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.