Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote app loosing connection to iTunes library

Running on a Mac and have been through several versions of updates an problem persists. It is that via the Apple TV remote App on my iPhone I see all of the Apple TV's but not my shared library that resides on a NAS drive. iTunes sees it fine. The app however does not. It can see the apple tv and control it while looking at the screen but when I select (via the app) the computer library it is not there, states "Remote will automatically find the iTunes libraries and Apple TVs that have Home sharing turned on using the Apple ID xxxx"

Very seldom can I just restart iTunes and it connects. But most often if I restart the computer it will connect and I do see the Computer NAS library that is shared via Home Sharing.

Question is - Why does it keep loosing it. Don't want to keep restarting overtime we want to search for a movie to watch.

Is it something with my router? Is it something in the computer settings?

Love you input, thank you.

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:30 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV Remote app loosing connection to iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.