Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyer

I am using Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4, I have been having an issue when I use the Keyer. I put the keyer on the clip and then insert the background video underneath the clip and I was able to drag out the video background clip to extend across the entirety of the clip. I am now unable to drag it out and only get a red line and 10;00 +00;00 when I try to do so. I added an audio clip also and tried to drag it out across the entirety of the clip and it is giving me the same red 13;14.31 +00;00.00. Why would it let me drag it out before and now start doing that now. PLEASE HELP!!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:25 PM

WWhat are the specs of the clip you're try my to drag out? Is it only 10 seconds long?is the audio clip 13;14.31? Are you displaying fractions of a frame? Maybe post a screen shot of the timeline?

9 replies

Feb 26, 2015 7:30 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I am typing on my PC right now, the mac mini I use is in the office. I believe the clip is 10seconds long, but I was able to drag it out on other projects I was working on. I will see if I can download snagit on the macmini so I can take some screen shots. I went back to the other projects I was working on and it is weird I can still drag out the background clip I am keying in. Forgot to mention when I tried to add an audio clip it would not let me drag that out either.

keyer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.