Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB drives not accesible after Mountain lion upgrade

I have a late 2009 iMac and just upgraded to Mountain lion. Win 7 on bootcamp runs fine, but I cannot seem to access USB external hard drives or thumb drives. Any thoughts? The keyboard and mouse work fine, and the drives are visible from the Mac side.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:31 PM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Keith Barkley

1. Can you check what they are on the OSX side, as they show up correctly on that side? If they are HFS+, then the BC drivers are not installed correctly.

2. Can you take a look at Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support and find the correct drivers and Boot Camp: Install or repair Boot Camp drivers?

3. Can you see your OSX volume from the Windows side?

Mar 5, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Loner T

The reason for the confusion on the drivers is that I had a system working great until I had to re-start from scratch. But when I re-did the Bootcamp, it worked fine until I installed all the drivers, I kept getting a BSOD. So I installed the drivers that were easier to install, and left it at that. I will check on this and get back to you.

USB drives not accesible after Mountain lion upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.