Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina delamination

My retina display appears to delaminate (stains behind the glass) without any obvious reason as my Macbook pro 13 retina late 2013 has been used in the best way possible, and never dropped or so, and is really like new. Apple has the term "cosmetic" that gives them the right not to replace the display and so, even while in a valid guarantee, you are practically without it. I think a tricky term to cover such cases.

Seems to me that these displays are so sensitive that they should not be used on notebooks for external use. Are maybe these retina machines only for the living room and are used on portables for only marketing reasons????

For me that is the first and last retina portable machine I bought. Retina displays are for the living room only. If you travel....forget it. Looks like a retina display can very easily get bad.

I had in my life more than 20-30 portables and this is the first time with such problems. And...being "cosmetic" no guarantees !!!!

Anyone has any similar experience?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:24 PM

2 replies

Retina delamination

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.