Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my lessons are not downloading

when i try to download lessons they disappear

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:49 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 9:49 AM in response to domivet

They don't disappear cause you never got them. I am very angry with Apple over this problem They don't seem to either want to or are unable to fix this downloading problem. But they'll take your money for artist lessons. I'm going to ask for a refund if they can't deliver. Waiting right now for a call from Apple about this problem,.

Feb 27, 2015 5:48 PM in response to brucewho

Well Apple called back and of course apologized. But they are just boiler room telephone soothers and don't know Jack about the source of the problem, let alone a real work around. Essentially any route you go takes you back to downloading through the GB. You can not download the the lesson file to your hard drive directly with Safari. So either the GB program is at fault or the Apple server can't fully complete the download. I've watched it all the way through and the downloading progresses all the way to the full data amount but then quits (after having it stop and then resuming numerous time). The phone representative I got first was with iTunes and she gave me 5 songs free as compensation. She then transferred me to an Apple Store rep since iTunes doesn't handle the lesson store. The App Store rep was baffled and I was surprised she was not aware of the problem given all the message posts I've seen. Any way she told me I can't get my money back because the lessons are software and as such are not refundable. I said how can you charge for something that can't be delivered on. Thats fraud in my book and i believe by Law also. After numerous apologies she also gave me a discount coupon at the App store. I can still see the file on my account status. I own it but at this time there is no way to retrieve it. Has anyone out there been able to get lesson downloads? Maybe in the near future it will get fixed and I'll be able to download the lesson. But she couldn't say if they are. I'm going to try and download it through windows and see what happens even though I don't have GB on Windows.

Mar 3, 2015 3:36 PM in response to domivet

I thought I'd try downloading in Windows but you can't since there is no Garageband for Windows and you have to have the program to download the lessons. \

But if you are having the same problem downloading lessons there is an easy workaround that I just tried with success. I found the solution on another post:

go to the discussion

Be sure to set your time and date back to automatic after you do this. It really works.

my lessons are not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.