Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-tunes listed by Win 8.1 as incompatable

.1 I ran a virus and space cleanse and now Itunes will not load at all. I;m running current win 8.1 software and Ive uninstalled and re-installed the full version and still it doesn't open. dropbox will recognize the ipad and iphone and attempt to import photos, but itunes will not open.

I know I must have deactivated something by accident but how do i figure out what?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 7:56 AM in response to ajfwork

Hello ajfwork,

I understand iTunes was working fine until you ran the virus and space cleaner and now it won't launch. Uninstall and reinstall didn't help.

It does sound like something supporting iTunes got removed or disabled.

There's an article for iTunes launch issues:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support

Please check that out first, but since you have already removed and reinstalled, it may come down to a complete removal of iTunes and related software then reinstall.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

I-tunes listed by Win 8.1 as incompatable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.