Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iweb

I created two websites with iWeb; one in 2009, the other in 2012. I would like to update the 2009 site, but when I open iWeb, I only find the 2012 site. Have tried choosing the folder containing the 2012 site and then choosing the "open with" command, but I can't do it (It's grayed out). I know iWeb is a thing of the past, but am hoping that I don't need to start all over and create a new site from scratch with a new program.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Community User

The open with command is greyed out because you are trying to open the website folder that contains your published site - html and css files and as iWeb has no import facility it cannot open these files.

You need your domain.sites files where all the iWeb data is stored - these domain files are stored in your User Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites. Note - it is your User Library and NOT your System Library.

If you are using Mavericks or Yosemite, then the Library folder is hidden, so to make it visible, you need to click on the Go menu and then press the 'alt' key and your User Library will become visible.

Also, be aware that you can only open one domain file now and not multiple ones, so if you have opened the 2012 domain file, you will not then be able to open the 2009 domain file.

You will need to download an application called either domain cracker or iWeb User Sites - do a Google search or search this forum and either of these will allow you to open multiple domain files.

Ultimately, you may have to re-build your whole site in another programme is is current and being updated regularly. Take a look at EverWeb as a good replacement.

iweb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.