Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-Over in scrolling sidebar text?

While it's no problem to embed a graphic locked to scrollable text in a scrolling sidebar, it doesn't seem possible, natively, in Author to make this graphic a "hotspot" to trigger a pop-over.... basically placing a widget (pop-over) within a widget (scrolling sidebar).

Any notions has to how I might best achieve this? It's pretty vital to a project I'm trying to produce.

If it involves any custom coding or widget creation I'm open to paid collaboration as it's a bit beyond me...

Thanks so much!

- Michael

Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:26 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:36 AM in response to mikekingjr

Hello Mike,

I believe you RE RIGHT HERE.

Likewise I had wanted to embed certain elements with a scrolling window of text and have not been able to find a way of doing it.

Additionally I have discovered that within the iBook you can not highlight and annotate text that sits within a scrolling window environment either.

This is very wrong since it is not what Apple has said you can do within the working environs of the iPAD and iBooks.

Regards,

Nigel

Feb 27, 2015 12:38 PM in response to sb0117

Hi! I would certainly be interested in your help!

What is your preferred method of direct communication? I can tell you more about the project, discuss budget and all that stuff.

We have all the design and basic functional structure in place. It's mainly just this custom widget (and any other bumps we may encounter along the way).

Also, I just followed you on Twitter. My handle is @mikekingjr there.

Thanks for the consideration!

- Michael

Pop-Over in scrolling sidebar text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.