Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp, Windows7, Wireless Adapter permanently disabled when connected to Thunderbolt Display - Solved

Info:

Laptop: 2014 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp (dual boot...not a VM) with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Network Adapter: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

Many thanks to chemnerd1's hints - saved me going mad.

My problem was that the wifi worked perfectly until connected to a Thunderbolt display - then the wifi was permanently disabled (nothing would enable it; changing driver, changing wifi channel, uninstalling and reinstalling wifi, nothing worked). As you can imagine I was very disapointed after spending a fortune on the Thunderbolt display (brilliant kit) and then finding that I maybe only have wired internet available!

Definately, Zone Alarm was the problem (maybe other firewalls cause the same /similar problem).

My solution was to -

• uninstalled Zone Alarm (safe mode not required)
  • reboot with Thunderbolt display connected (checked that wifi now working)
  • reinstall Zone Alarm (important that Thunderbolt display is still connected)
  • reboot - checked and wifi still working perfectly - wonderful

I have to confess that I was initially blaming Apple for the problem. I did loads of searches over several days to try and solve this and a lot of links ended with conclusions that Apple doesn't care. Well in this case it wasn't Apple's fault.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:16 PM

1 reply

Bootcamp, Windows7, Wireless Adapter permanently disabled when connected to Thunderbolt Display - Solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.