Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe Blinking Green

I have an 85 watt L-tip MagSafe power connector and today it randomly stopped charging the computer. The green LED light it flashing green (not amber or green and amber) rather quickly. Does anyone know what this means? If so, how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:42 PM

8 replies

Feb 27, 2015 3:12 PM in response to TheLoomis130

TheLoomis130 wrote:

Actually, if I held the adapter just right, it would show up in System Profiler.

When you do that, what does it show here?

User uploaded file

It's weird that it thinks it's a 60 watt brick when it's an 85 watt charging my MBP.

What is the exact model/year MBP that you have? Is the charger the original one that came with the MBP? What does it show on the charger, 85w or 60w?

Ciao.

Feb 28, 2015 2:04 AM in response to TheLoomis130

I am wondering if your charger is an Apple or third party one. A 60w charger is not a good fit with a 15" MBP. The charger connection is spring loaded and the pins should move freely. Examine the MBP connection and look for dirt, debris and discoloration. There also might be a problem with the DC input board. An Apple Hardware Test may prove to be useful.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Ciao.

MagSafe Blinking Green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.