Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message forwarding stopped working after 8.1.3 update..

Text message forwarding stopped working after 8.1.3 update..iPhone5s (att) sends code but iPad 4th gen never gets it..worked before last iOS update:(

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:58 PM

On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive at and make sure that you have your Apple ID email address selected as well as the iPhone number. If you don't, the code will not be sent to the other devices.

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 8:31 PM in response to Demo

Checked on phone and cell # is checked by default and the Apple ID email was checked too but there was a couple new adresses that had been added so I unchecked those, sent code..no go. Checked the same settings on the iPad made sure the cell TN was checked as well as the apple ID email and only checked the cell TN as "Start New Conversations From" tryed sending code again from phone and boom, it worked:) Thanks for the right direction weird lol

Mar 1, 2015 7:19 PM in response to Demo

This did not work for me. After I updated to iOS 8.1.3 text msg forwarding stopped working. On my IPhone 6 Plus -- messaging> send receive> cell # is grayed out and email # is checked. On IPad Air --Messaging > only recieved from email address. My cell phone number is not there. Text Message forwarding is not working and I'm not receiving any code...

Text message forwarding stopped working after 8.1.3 update..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.