Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Findmyphone does not FindmyMacbook Pro

I have spend hours on this and obviously am to close to the trees. My wife and I have an iPAD Air each, an iPHONE 5 each and I have a MacBook PRO. Findlay phone plays well with all the family except the laptop. We moved three months ago and the Laptop says it is at the old house. I can play a sound and lock it just fine. I jut cannot get it to move. Can someone tell me how to get this cantankerous device to report correctly? Thank ou.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:13 PM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2015 8:44 PM in response to gregory156

System Preferences > Privacy > Location Services > [√] Enable Location Services

grant access to Applications that have to do with Find My Mac. (I am not sure which these are. I have granted requests from Safari, iStumbler, Maps, and Calendar.)

System Preferences > Date&Time> Time Zone > [V] Set Time Zone automatically based on Current Location

Feb 27, 2015 1:56 AM in response to gregory156

For wifi only devices (not iPhone or iPad with cellular since they have GPS) the device use the location of nearby wifi networks that are in Apples database. Since you moved Apple has not yet updated their database. Apple up[dates their database based on information obtained by iPhones and maybe iPads with cellular radio. No one has found a way for overly get Apple to update their database.

Findmyphone does not FindmyMacbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.