Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 sound is completely muted!

This is a very weird situation. My phone is not broken, this is the issue. My phone let not play back any sound (Someone calling me, watching youtube videos, music playback, texting sounds, SIRI etc...)

The sound does work when I go to try to change the ring tone, when I go to the ring tone and click on any of the ringers, it plays back perfectly.

So far I have tried everything, 1) It's not muted or on silent 2) volume is all the way up 3) not in airplane mode 4) It is not on silent etc 5) I have also reset all settings to factory (Have not tried full restore).

The sound works fine when I try to go to ringers and choose any of them, but it fails to playback any sounds when I try to text someone (clicks), someone calling me, youtube videos, music etc.... I think I have it set on completely muted.

I am also pretty techy, so I'm not doing anything stupid, and I have looked through many settings on phone in sound option etc.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Hninja1000

I Have the same issue and so have to completely press the home button and side to reset the phone to get the sounds working again.

BUt unfortunately the problem starts again. I took the phone to Apple Genius Bar and they switched it to a new phone and advices me not to restore from ICloud which I did.

The weird thing is that the problem is still there. I ran out of choices and don't know what to do!!

Iphone 6 sound is completely muted!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.