Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Set up Trouble

I am setting up my new Time Machine. In Airport Utility the Time machine shows up but the status light is blinking amber and there is a red circle with a 2 on the right stating 2 issues. 1).internet connection 2) No DNS servers. Internet is coming through to my hard connected Mac and I don't know why No DNS Server means

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Time Machine TB3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:28 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 9:44 PM in response to liz167

What is your modem.. make and model please?

How is the Time Capsule connected to it?

It should be plugged in with ethernet.. and the light on both the modem and the TC should be on (for ethernet).

A failed ethernet connection.. will mean no connection at all.. but I still want you to confirm it.

Are you actually running Mavericks on the computer??

Can you give a few screenshots of the TC setup.. the summary page.. and network and internet tabs can really help.

ie.

User uploaded file

Press edit and give me these two. (the whole lot.. I cut it off to save space).

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Time Machine Set up Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.