Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I having trouble mapping a network drive over my airport network?

Unfortunately, all of the computers in our office are Windows machines; so I have some problems getting things to work. I have three computers connected to the network, wirelessly, and 2 computers connected via ethernet. I need all of these machines to be able to access an airport disk. I had all of them working; then I had to change the network name and password because of a security breach. Now, 2 of the wireless connections cannot establish a connection to the disk. I have tried mapping the drive, with no luck. Please advise.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:23 PM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 5:32 PM in response to SidMed

Windows can be very sensitive to changes in network.. it can ram up the firewall and disallow network connections even when internet is still working.

So on the computers that have access issues.. open a command window and ping the IP of the Airport.

If it responds.. try doing a direct connection by typing,

\\10.0.1.1 into the address bar of windows explorer. (replace that IP with the actual IP of the airport).

If it refuses to open when the ping worked.. you can still have firewall issues.. and it is worthwhile turning it off to test.

Also do you have bonjour for windows service running.. check the administrator details in control panel for bonjour??

Do you have the airport utility for windows installed? That can help and at least if the airport utility works then the disk should be accessible.

However other rubbish happens..

Tell me if the two computers with issues do have internet access.. and can ping the Airport.. if you cannot get the disk to open.. !!

Why am I having trouble mapping a network drive over my airport network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.