Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting Disc Burner or software not found when trying to burn a CD

I am not able to burn a playlist to a CD and get an error at the top of Itunes window "Disc Burner or Software Not Found". I have been able to burn CDs in the past with this same computer but had some issues with songs in itunes. Support had me uninstall Itunes and reinstall. I have also uninstalled the device in the device manager and re-installed it. I really don't know what to try except to ask for help here. I would appreciate any direction I can get. I have a Dell desktop XPS running on Windows 8.

Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 8:24 AM in response to daurel

Hi daurel,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you receive the error "Disc Burner or Software Not Found" when trying to burn CDs. You mention that you've already tried removing and reinstalling iTunes, and other drivers, and these are good steps.

If the situation continues, be sure to try the tips in this article:

iTunes for Windows: Optical drive is no longer recognized, or "Disc burner or software not found" alert after install - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Keep getting Disc Burner or software not found when trying to burn a CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.