Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot delete or hide apps in itunes

I cannot delete or hide apps in iTunes. iTunes is open I've gone to the store and selected purchased, then select apps. Once I'm on that page I cannot select any apps to delete or hide. I've tried switching to the apps for iPhone and iPad as well as the ones "not in my library" and "All". apps do not respond.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:06 PM

Apple doesn't make deleting / hiding purchased apps in the App Store possible by default. You see all apps you've ever purchased when in the 'purchased' tab on iTunes Store.

40 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:42 PM in response to AandEAZ__

You can't delete apps from that screen, but if you hover your mouse pointer over an app on that screen you should get an 'x' on its top left corner, and clicking on it should remove the app from that screen and hide it from the cloud.

But I've just tried it on my Mac (OS X 10.10.2 and iTunes 12.1.0.50) and I also don't get the 'x' on the apps screen, though it works for music, films and tv programmes. It used to work for apps, possibly it's the current version of iTunes that's broken it or it's a store problem.

Mar 5, 2015 7:36 AM in response to AandEAZ__

I've been trying it on my Notebook (Windows 7) and I also don't get the 'x' on the apps screen, though it works for music and books I already had.

I do believe my problem started in February 2015 (when stopped to work for apps too)

And like King_Penguin (above) I have to declare that: "possibly" it's the current version of iTunes that's broken it or it's a store problem.

Any APPLE expert around here?

Mar 16, 2015 6:23 AM in response to avgjoegolf

Wish I seen this a couple days ago. I spend hours searching the web and couldn't find a solution. So I kept playing around and accidentally discovered the x is hidden. If click the spot where the x is supposed to be you will be prompted to confirm you wish to hide the app.

Glad others have figured this out too. Apple needs to release a fix for this as this is a nuisance to find.

In case it helps I am using OS X 10.10.2 and iTunes 12.1.0.50.

Mar 16, 2015 9:55 AM in response to HundredPercent

This is on the iPhone as suggested by iOS7. However on iOS 8.2 this doesn't work (at least not for me). Which is why I searched out the issue for iTunes which turns out to be a hidden X (likely just a white font on a white background). Hopefully Apple will fix this on both OS X and the issue on iOS 8.x. I am not certain if this is an issue with all versions of iOS 8 or specific to 8.2.

Thanks for the heads up that it works on iOS 7 by swiping left.

cannot delete or hide apps in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.