Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix these errors when downloading Itunes?

I keep getting the following errors:

Could not open key: UNKOWN\Components\(some letters and numbers)\(some letters and numbers). Verify that you have sufficent access to that key or contact your support personnel.

This message flashes about three of four times through out the installing.

Once I get past these errors, I eventually get this message, which ultimately ends any attempt to dowload Itunes.

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Itunes\ITDetector.ocx

I would greatly appricate any help to fix these problems and download Itunes. I just got a new iPhone and I just want to put music on it.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:59 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 5:39 PM in response to Phantomstrangerx

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.

The further information area also has notes on your first issue.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

How do I fix these errors when downloading Itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.