Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitchy Audio Monitoring Logic Pro X

With Logic 8 and 9, I had no issues with recording. However, with LPX (and after upgrades to Mavericks, and then Yosemite) the Input Monitoring seems very glitchy. By glitchy, I mean that the audio input shows activity on my USB audio interface, but no sound is produced through Logic once the track is armed and recording begins. If I stop the recording, the audio is then sometimes monitored (heard) through the speakers. Clicking the "I" button on and off sometimes temporarily resolves to problem so I can hear the monitored audio while recording or not, but this resolution is only sporadic, with no apparent rhyme or reason. Disabling and re-enabling Core Audio also temporarily resolves the issue, only to have it return.

I have software monitoring enabled, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logic, re-initialized parameters, and adjusted audio latency settings to their most conservative values. I have even tried an upgraded audio interface, moving from an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra to a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, with the same issue using both interfaces. I am using a Macbook Pro Retina 15" mid 2012 with 16GB RAM quad core i7, 768GB SSD. My USB audio interface is NOT connected via a USB hub.

I am wondering if there is a bug in Core Audio, LPX, or somewhere else isolated to my system. In any event, it is becoming a major hindrance to my workflow 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:20 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 2:27 AM in response to kennamy

I have this problem too.

Logic's input monitoring is working one minute and then stops working the next. Its the same when monitoring in record mode.

I too have to trick it back into working by reapetedly turning the input button (or record button) on and off, eventually it comes back but then it goes again when I leave it for a minute or two. Whilst the record signal in Logic is dropping out intermittently, my UAD apollo is showing a full signal coming in on input.

This is a major pain. The problem started when I updated to the latest version of Logic Pro X a few days ago. I also updated to Mavericks 10.9.5 at the same time.

Can anyone help please ?

Glitchy Audio Monitoring Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.