Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change the margins in Pages?

I am having a lot of difficulty trying to figure out how to format the document in Pages to be a 5 x 8. I need it to specifically be a 5 x 8 for publishing my book, as that's the dimension size. Yet I am looking all over the place and messing with the format, and I can't find it, and the ruler is useless, as I cannot change the sideline and only the top, and I'm not that good with the whole dimension thing to begin with. I've wasted two hours trying to figure this out, and I'm not finding anything online, and I'm just getting more frustrated. Can someone please just tell me how I can just insert the numbers that I want the dimensions to be?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:47 PM

Menu > File > Page Setup > Paper Size > Manage Custom Sizes… (right at bottom) > Click on the tiny + at left > Select the new size and give it a sensible name > Paper Size: Width 5" Height: 8" * > Non-Printable Area: User Defined, 0, 0, 0, 0 > OK

Now select that size for your document.

This is now available for all software not just Pages.

Peter

* I assume you are referring to inches.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2015 5:47 PM in response to SeanCrastien

Menu > File > Page Setup > Paper Size > Manage Custom Sizes… (right at bottom) > Click on the tiny + at left > Select the new size and give it a sensible name > Paper Size: Width 5" Height: 8" * > Non-Printable Area: User Defined, 0, 0, 0, 0 > OK

Now select that size for your document.

This is now available for all software not just Pages.

Peter

* I assume you are referring to inches.

How do you change the margins in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.