Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import photos from iphone to iphoto

I've been able to easily import photos from my iphone to iphoto by connecting my phone to the computer via USB cable. However, it does not seem to be working. I have the older version of iphoto (I believe it's version 9), and when I connect my phone it is not automatically asking if I want to import. I've checked my preferences in iphoto, and have it set to open when a mobile device is connected. When reading other posts similar to this issue it seems that there is a "device" section over to the left, which I do not have in my iphoto. I know the USB cable is working because I can see my phone is connected to my itunes on my computer. I would like to take my photos off my phone to free up some space. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 7:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 1:33 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you jeffd55, I agree that there is something wrong with my settings. I just don't know what. I have checked this sequence in iphoto multiple times: preferences>general>connecting camera opens>iphoto but still 1)iphoto doesn't open when I plug my iphone in, and 2) iphoto doesn't display my iphone in the devices section.

What other settings do I need to look at?

I know it says to give it time for the iphone to show in the devices section. I thought an hour would have been long enough, but I have ~800 pics on my phone. Maybe I'll try leaving it plugged in longer.

import photos from iphone to iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.