Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'mac book pro-will not start although logo appears'

Help! Stuck in start up. I shut down using power button as it was hung up and would not respond using force quit. i turned the computer on and it shuts itself down after several minutes. The apply logo is displayed and the band is only partially black.

HOpe me someone can assist. thank you, community.

App sold through itunes

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:46 PM

9 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric.

OSX utilities does not have a 'recovery vol' choice. Disk utility says all ok when I choose the Fujitsu .. top of list choice.. says "recovery hard drive appears to be ok in green print. If I 'verify' hard drive which is the 2nd icon on the list it says it's ok.

but it still will not boot. It shuts itself down before opening.

Thank you for your help. By the way, how can one 'back up' when you cannot boot up computer? Tried opening sea gate on a pc but it does not recognize it. I should have full backup but would like to double check before in case I have to reinstall.

THanks again.

Mar 3, 2015 1:07 AM in response to jeffd55

Jeffd55,

Nothing seemed to work and today Apple told me the hard drive needed replacing. They also said that through time machine along with my data the applications would also be available. They are not. I have no iPhoto, Aperture, Numbers or any of the others that normally come with a computer.

Frustrating to say the least. Thanks for your help.

'mac book pro-will not start although logo appears'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.