Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Bluetooth Connecting to BMW

I purchased a 2015 BMW X5 last week and the bluetooth worked fine the first couple of days except for not being able to select tracks music from the iDrive interface. I thought this maybe due to something I was doing incorrectly and was planning to stop by the dealership for help. Over the last couple of days it has degraded. The Bluetooth cut in out to the extent that it was unusable. It will connect but then skip and stop playing. The tracks in a Playlist will appear on the iDrive screen but I am not able to select them. I am however able to receive and place phone calls without any issues, so far.

I have a Iphone 6 with iOS 8.1.3.

Does anyone have solution for this problem other than using the AUX cord? I also am having the same issues when connected by USB.

The reason I believe this is an Apple issue and not a BMW issue is that I previously owned a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee that in the last couple of months was having BT connectivity issues as well and not just with my iPhone but with my partners. I believe Apple has a responsibility to it's customers to ensure connectivity to major automobile manufacturers.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 7:42 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to fredfromhouston

Howdy fredfromhouston,

I am also interested in Bluetooth with my iPhone as we will be getting a new car and I'm eager to use it.

I'm not sure why the Bluetooth would be fine at first then degrade.

There's a couple articles that may help.

Get help using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

It deals with cars specifically.

and

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

for troubleshooting Bluetooth connections.

Please let us know how it goes,

Nubz

Iphone 6 Bluetooth Connecting to BMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.