Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I select which playlists appear on an iOS device

I Have signed up for iTunes Match. I have several iOS devices - phone, iPad, iPod Touch.

It seems like if I turn on iTunes Match EVERY playlist I have made appears on EVERY device. If I remove a playlist in one place it disappears everywhere.

I don't want this! I want different playlists on each device. Is there any way to do this other than turning iTunes Match off and syncing from my Mac?

Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 7:42 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 3:25 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

thanks Jim.

IF I'd understood better how iTunes Match works I would have saved myself the money. Doesn't handle playlists that reference other playlists and populates every playlist to every device.

i shall turn iiTunes Match off on iOS devices and rebuild all the old playlists I have deleted in order to complete the match process. I'll then be left with a copy of my library in the cloud. I can't think of any benefit to this - I back everything up on a Time Capsule already.

can I select which playlists appear on an iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.