Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus Tapsnake

Just advised that my iPad has a very dangerous virus called "Tapsnake". I live far away from any Apple store. Received message requesting to download an application does is not available on Apps. Can anyone advised on what to do?

iPad Air

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:31 PM

That is nothing more than an annoying popup. Unless, the iPad is jail broken it can not be affected by a virus.

Also note that you can not download Apps from anywhere other than the App Store.

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 6:32 PM in response to baudouine

ignore it

You were surfing and you got this popup from a webpage?

It's a scam. At best it wants you to pay to download something that doesn't work (there's a reason that program it's telling you to download isn't in the app store, it's not a good program)

iPads cannot get viruses. A virus is a malicious program that propogates itself across the operating system and file manger part of the device. The iPad doesn't have a file manager to corrupt so it can't get a virus.

Don't try to download anything, don't pay for anything, and i'd consider not visiting that website again.

You may need to go into the settings, safari and remove your history from your ipad, just to fully remove that popup but you can't get the virus it's trying to tell you that you can.

Feb 27, 2015 4:50 AM in response to baudouine

Tapsnake is Android malware. It cannot infect an iPad at all. If you saw a pop-up online that told you that you were infected with Tapsnake, it was just a scam, as stedman1 and Skydiver119 pointed out. If a person told you that your iPad was infected, ignore that person's "tech advice" now and in the future, as he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about, or is deliberately pulling your chain.

Virus Tapsnake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.