Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2010 MacBook Pro Cannot Connect to Internet

Hello, First time posting a question here.

I have a late 2010 Macbook Pro 15" i5, 2.4Ghz, currently running 10.6.8. At my apartment the provided wifi has been spotty for several months. In the past I have been able to turn off my airport using the dock at the top of my screen, wait a little while (30 seconds or so) and turn it back on. I would get wifi back and then be able to resume to use the Internet.

Recently, however, I have been having extreme issues with connectivity. I will see full bars on the airport display but my dropbox icon (what I use to test connectivity real quick) will keep indicating that I am not connected to the internet. For the past week I was able to get internet with an ethernet cable plugged into the router, ONLY if my airport was turned off.

Now I cannot even get internet through the ethernet cable.

Here are some things I have been able to eliminate.

Bad computer hardware - My computer instantly connects to the wifi at my family home, on campus and where ever I have ever been. I get reliable, un-interupted internet connectivity.

Bad Wifi signal - All other devices (including the ipad I am writing this on) connect immediately to the wifi with no problems with connectivity.

About my computer:

CPU: intel i5 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4Gb 1067 MHz DDR3

About my Router:

Ubee DWW365 Wireless Cable Modem

ISP: Charter

I have indeed rebooted my router, but not luck yet.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 7:10 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Cyberviper42

Hi Cyberviper42,

I understand that you are seeing some issues with your connection to the internet on your computer. I have an article for you that will help you troubleshoot this issue:

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202222

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Late 2010 MacBook Pro Cannot Connect to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.