Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i connect my hp pavilion 23 fi monitor screen to my macbook air

Every time I plug it in it says "monitor going to sleep" after a minute or so and it won't connect to my MacBook. The one time it did connect, it was working fine but the monitor went to "sleep" within no time and I have no idea how to fix it. The monitor did come with a program on a CD however it is only suited to windows. How do I connect it!?

HP pavillion 23fi monitor-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10), macbook air

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 8:42 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 4:23 AM in response to jacqueline r

A display is a display - there are no Windows only displays - so no CD or installation software is required. Obviously you have a 'dongle' that you plug into your computer and then plug the display into that dongle. From your description it sounds like the display isn't getting a signal from the computer and being environmentally friendly, seeing no signal the display goes to sleep to reduce its electrical pull.

Try this first: Shut down the computer and display. Unplug the dongle from the computer and the display and then re-attach the dongle to the display and plug it into the computer. (In other words, jiggle the cords!) Now turn on the display and then the computer. Recently, I've had issues with projectors and the only solution is to restart the computer with the projector already on. Perhaps this also affects some displays. If you still have no picture on the external display open System Preferences and select the Displays tab. Do you see two dialog boxes (one for the computer and one for the external display)? If not the computer doesn't know there's a display attached. Probably the dongle is bad in that case. If you do see two dialogs try changing the resolution on the dialog window that isn't the computer.

how do i connect my hp pavilion 23 fi monitor screen to my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.