Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add ripped audiobook tracks in proper order?

I'm trying to put an audio-book that I got from Amazon into my iPhone. The problem is that the book came on 8 CDs, each containing about 20 tracks. So after I ripped it, it created a mess of files names. So I sat down and diligently renamed all of them in the following order: DD.TT.mp3 where DD=disc number and TT=track number. I also went into each MP3 tag and gave it the same title. After that I dragged all MP3s into iTunes. Unfortunately what I got in iTunes is this:

User uploaded file

As you can see, track 02.01 should not follow 01.01 and instead it would be as such:

and so on...

etc.

Any idea how to fix this with the least amount of work?

PS. I already spent about an hour trying to organize it.... so any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 17", 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB 1067 DDR3 RAM, OS X 10.6.4 /// iPhone 4, 32GB, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 8:44 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Den B.

I think I got it solved. I had to reset track numbers to "space" and only then iTunes sorted them correctly. (I couldn't find how to do it quickly on a Mac w/o purchasing something, so I had to do it on my Windows 8 PC that allowed to do this after I selected all MP3 tracks, right-clicked it, went into Properties -> Details and set track # to a space. Then copy them back to the Mac and import into iTunes.)

How to add ripped audiobook tracks in proper order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.