Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime without contacts

I have an iphone 5 and ipad 2. On both devices it has my apple id. the iPad does not have my contacts that are on my iphone. My 2y/o son has figure out how to make facetime calls to contacts that are only on my phone. Twice to my boss. How is my son making calls to contacts that aren't on the iPad?

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 8:36 PM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 8:48 PM in response to Crmaghirang

Look in the FaceTime app. There should be a list there, I believe it is the last calls you have made. If you tap on a contact there, it will initiate a call. If you swipe the contact to the left, you can select delete and clear the list. You can also tap on Edit in the upper left corner, select all of the people in the list, and then go to the bottom of the page and select Delete.

Feb 26, 2015 9:30 PM in response to Crmaghirang

So there is no list of previous calls in your FaceTime app? Then I suggest you either find a way to hide the FaceTime app, or go into Settings>General>Restrictions>and enable a restriction for FaceTime. Remember, if you set restrictions and then add a passcode, you need to write it down, because if you forget it, you will have to wipe your device and set it up as new. You will not be able to use a backup as the restrictions password resides in the backup.

Facetime without contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.