Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"New" YouTube app on Apple TV drops login

In my opinion, the new "improved" YouTube app is anything but. Here are my main issues:

1. It constantly signs me out, forcing me to use the /activate code over and over and over and over. This is beyond annoying, it's a serious regression.

2. I can find no way to add a video to favorites... That is, I find a video that I like and want to add it to my favorites so I can share it later. There used to be a menu for this that popped up right after you'd played a video. But, try as I might, I can't find a way to do this now.

3. Frequently get "Sorry, there was an error processing your request", or "YouTube is unavailable" errors. Usually exiting back to main Apple TV menu then reselecting YouTube app will clear this up, but it's another annoyance...

Did this thing get any serious testing before it was released?

Wayne

Dual 2 Ghz G5, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:34 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Wayne Holder

Hello Wayne Holder,

Try to reboot Apple TV, and reboot router. Then, after that go online to: speedtest (You must be online for this to work on YOUR WIFI) Click "begin test" and it will test download and upload speed of your WIFI. A modern home can vary; an average WIFI speed is download 1-20 Mbps, upload .5-15Mbps. If it is in that range then you should be fine.

Take care,

Landon787.

Feb 28, 2015 12:59 AM in response to Wayne Holder

I have exactly the same issue and its surprising not many people are talking about it. The improved YouTube app is beyond annoying – I've completely stopped using it. It constantly logs me out, and it's peppered with bugs.

• Using the remote app on my iPhone 5S and typing in search terms just fills the search box up with random characters, or repeated keys and words.
  • Videos constantly fail to play: Try again later. Restarting the YouTube app doesn't help.
  • Subscribing to a channel completely refreshes the channel page and its slow.

Restarting the Apple TV again and again, as Landon787 suggested, isn't really a solution is it? It might be in the Windows world, but this is not the kind of reliability Apple has been known for.

I'm on a 160Mbps connection, tried and tested. Speed is definitely not a problem. That's the easiest advice to give.

"New" YouTube app on Apple TV drops login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.