Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch stuck on iCloud Backup screen

Every so often a pop up tells me that I haven't back up my iPod in __ weeks. I don't get to connect it to a computer that often, so that's why.

It popped up today and I clicked OK so it would go away. But when I went to get on my iPod later, it was still there. It's there along with 'slide to unlock' , which I cannot do.I also can't power it down like I normally do. I read online that to fix this you'd have to hold both the top button and the home button at the same time to turn if off. My home button does not work and I've been using assistive touch. I've tried fixing my home button, but nothing has worked.

So my question is how do I fix this? I can't restart it. Should I just wait until it's out of juice and powers down by itself?

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 1:47 AM in response to Zomgcheryl

You can try:

- Connecting it to your computer and backup and restore via iTunes

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

- Let the battery drain as you said.

iPod touch stuck on iCloud Backup screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.