Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a credit card registered in someone else's name, e.g my brother/sister, to make purchases in my account?

Can an I use a credit card registered under a different name eg my sister's/brother's to make purchases in my account?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:43 AM

Hi HundredPercent,

As I understand your post, your siblings are offering to put their payment information on your Apple ID, and you want to know if that's possible to do. You are able to use the payment information as long as it is valid, and you have the correct billing information. This is a very helpful option for parents of teenagers who want to pay for their purchases as well.

Payment methods you can use in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 10:43 AM in response to HundredPercent

Hi HundredPercent,

As I understand your post, your siblings are offering to put their payment information on your Apple ID, and you want to know if that's possible to do. You are able to use the payment information as long as it is valid, and you have the correct billing information. This is a very helpful option for parents of teenagers who want to pay for their purchases as well.

Payment methods you can use in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

Can I use a credit card registered in someone else's name, e.g my brother/sister, to make purchases in my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.