Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my late 2013 IMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 keep logging of the administrator while leaving all other users logged on?

Over the past few months I have noticed that my IMac logs off only the administrator account overnight while leaving all other user accounts logged on. The computer does not physically restart, it simply logged out the administator. It has never logged me out while I am using the administrator account, it only logs off the administrator if the computer has been ideal for more than roughly 20 minuets.

I have checked all of my energy saving settings and security settings and nothing appears to fix this problem. However, after browsing some online help forums I decided to check my console to see if anything look out of place and I did find something. User uploaded file

I am not sure what it means but I don't think these error messages are good. Can someone help me figure out what these mean and inform me if they are related to me overall problem of getting logged out?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:10 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 8:36 AM in response to mason041

Hi Linc thank you for getting back to me.

I don't see anything labeled as crash reports under system diagnostics. I do not use the console very often because I only do basic things on my iMac so my familiarity with it is not as good.

I know you said you wanted text but I can't past this text here so it is another screen shot. If you see something you want more information on, I can post the text of that specific line.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Keep in mind, since last night when I originally posted, the administrator account has been logged off, while my other account remained logged on and good to go.

Feb 27, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you. The box was checked, however, after reading several posts about issues similar to mine last night, I looked at that box before I posted my question and it was not checked. Could my computer be doing something in the background that rechecks that box every day?

As for now we will see if that works. If the problem persists, I will post again.

Thank You

Why does my late 2013 IMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 keep logging of the administrator while leaving all other users logged on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.