Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 17" Macbook Pro constantly drops Wifi connection on Windows 7 but not OSX. What's going on???

On OSX, the Wifi works perfectly. I rarely if ever get disconnected from the internet. However, when I switch over to Windows 7, the internet drops constantly (every 30 seconds or so).

I recently updated my OSX to the newest one (I think Yosemite) that released in December, which wiped out my Windows 7 operating system. Thus, I reinstalled windows 7 on my computer and everything works just like it used to except for the internet dropping 24/7. The weird thing about it is that whenever I "diagnose" the internet connection when it drops, the internet seems to come back to life again (for the short 30 seconds that it's up). I'm not sure why it's doing this. The internet didn't drop constantly on my previous Windows 7 until I reinstalled it.

The internet works fine with a different internet connection on Windows 7, which makes me think that the problem has to do with my internet or router... Has anyone had this problem? Restarting the router didn't do anything.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:15 AM

2 replies

2011 17" Macbook Pro constantly drops Wifi connection on Windows 7 but not OSX. What's going on???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.