Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my store credit/vouchers as a purchasing point for my Children(family members) as opposed to my Credit Card in a family sharing setup?

I have a certain amount of store credit or vouchers available to me to use.

I would like my Credit/vouchers to be used before it goes onto my credit card when my children or other family member purchase anything from the app store or itunes store.

How do I go about doing this?

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:01 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 8:08 AM in response to eel69

We had $28 in credit that we thought we could use for child purchases. We were disappointed to see the child's purchases go straight to credit card instead.

Our workaround is to have the child make a buy request but, the parent declines it and buys it on the organizer account instead. The child can then download the app or music from the organizer account.

After the $28 credit is used up then we'll put the store credit directly on the child's account.

How do I use my store credit/vouchers as a purchasing point for my Children(family members) as opposed to my Credit Card in a family sharing setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.