Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home and power button not working

I have a fourth gen ipod touch. First my home button stopped working, but I turned it on that accessebility setting where the white dot on the screen does everything the home button did. So I still used the ipod and it worked fine. But a few months ago the power button stopped working, and as the home button was already not working, I'm not sure what to do. I know the ipod still works because if I plug it into a charger it has the charging symbol.

Anyone have any suggestions?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 9:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 9:58 PM in response to sirmothy

If neither of those buttons are working, then you cannot power the device off/on, and cannot do any of the basic troubleshooting steps. You cannot even put the device into Recovery mode. I suggest you make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider to get the device repaired/replaced. If out of warranty, be prepared to pay. http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/

home and power button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.