Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Will Not Reboot

My MacBook Pro is having trouble restarting. I originally opened the laptop to start working and noticed the comouter was acting strange (reconnecting to Wifi after turning it off, Chrome wasn't loading). I decided to reboot the computer to see if that wouls fix the lagging/behavior. After I turned it off and back on, a message about an unprovoked caller, security agent, and something about apple software. Everytime i clicked ok to get rid of the message it kept reappearing. I stumbled across this post Has unapproved caller on screen securityagent may only be invoked by apple software and followed these directions:

"Start on single user mode: Hit the Command and S keys at start-up

Wait until the writing stops completely

-At the line, type (after root): /sbin/fsck -fy (space after the k)

Hit the ENTER key

wait until it finishes and says "... appears to be OK"

next, type: /sbin/mount -uw / (space after the t and after the w)

Hit the ENTER key

then type: rm -Rf /var/folders/* (space after the m and the f)

Hit the ENTER key

Run FSCK again (I did, just in case, but you may not have to):

/sbin/fsck -fy

Finally, type REBOOT, hit ENTER and wait until computer starts."

I tried these but it didn't solve the problem. However now whenever I try to boot, a white/grey progress bar appears. When 1/4 of the bar is loaded, some text appears on the left corner of my screen for a bit then it restarts itself and a message appears saying the computer restarted due to some error, then restarts again with the progress bar stopping and words appearing. Its a constant loop unless I manually power it down.

I read about starting it in safe mode, but holding down **** doesn't work for me. I am able to start it in single use mode, sometimes on recovery mode. I'm unsuccessful when holding down Command+Option+P+R. When I booted it in recovery mode I went to the disk utility option and clicked on something along the lines of Automatically Updating Permissions.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:04 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Will Not Reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.