Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unplugged iPhone during update, won't boot up

I was recently updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.1.3 and the phone disconnected during the update. When I reconnected it I tried to continue the update, but then the iphone restarted and shows the connect to itunes screen.

Here's where I differ from most people though, I have started the phone in recovery or DFU mode while connected to the PC and while not connected, and itunes recognizes there's an iPhone plugged in. When I try to update or restore it says "Extracting software" when it finishes doing that it says it can't update or restore, depending on which one I picked, and it gives me error code 17, or error code 2005. As I said, I was able to try and restore and update it while in recover mode, and also tried it while it showed the connect to itunes screen. Neither has worked and I keep getting errors after it extracts the software. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:54 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:06 AM in response to PittPnthr22

Try these suggestions:

Solve network errors

Related errors: 17, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200, or "There was a problem downloading the software," or "The device isn't eligible for the requested build." These alerts mean that your computer is either having difficulty contacting the Apple update server or communicating with your device.

Check your computer for software or settings that might cause communication issues between your computer and Apple or between your computer and your device.

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

Check your USB connections

Related errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014, or "invalid response."

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the issue, you can try different equipment:

copied from Resolve iOS update and restore errors

Feb 27, 2015 9:01 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks, I have tried those and it didnt work. It doesn't so much seem to be a connection problem, as a problem related to the actually restoring or updating of the iPhone. I believe it has something to do with it coming unplugged during the update, and for some reason that wont let it restore or update. If anyone has any suggestions or any other info I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Unplugged iPhone during update, won't boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.