Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage regularly 'not delivered'

I've done searches on here and the web in general but cannot find a solution to this. Someone please help if you can...

Most days, when I send the first iMessage to anyone who I KNOW is on an iPhone with iMessage enabled, it says '! Not Delivered'. I try again, still fails. I then use the 'Send as SMS' function - it goes (green), they reply via iMessage (comes up with the heading 'iMessage' before their message) and then it works for a bit. If there's then a gap between messages of a couple of hours or more, same thing all over.

This is driving me mad and I CANNOT find a way to fix this. It happened on my old iPhone 4 with iOS 5, 6 and 7 (in fact I ended up switching iMessage off and relying on SMS for a couple of years) and it is still happening on my new iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1.3...

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:51 AM

Hello tsphipps,

I know you have said you have done some searches but what kind of troubleshooting have you done on your end. Have tried out the troubleshooting below? It will have you check the settings on your iPhone to deleting conversation threads and starting news ones. Let me know if you still have issues after going over the article.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

Regards,

-Norm G.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 10:51 AM in response to tsphipps

Hello tsphipps,

I know you have said you have done some searches but what kind of troubleshooting have you done on your end. Have tried out the troubleshooting below? It will have you check the settings on your iPhone to deleting conversation threads and starting news ones. Let me know if you still have issues after going over the article.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

Regards,

-Norm G.

Mar 1, 2015 11:58 AM in response to norm123

Hi norm123,

Thanks for your reply and help. I admit I hadn't found that page but have tried most of those things already with the exception of signing out of iMessage and FaceTime and back in again (didn't think that would do anything) and deleting conversations. I'd rather not delete my conversations so will save that as a last resort and have now tried signing out and back in again. I'll let you and the rest of the community know how I get on with that after a few days as I see a few hands for 'I have this question too'.

Thanks again.

iMessage regularly 'not delivered'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.