Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mbp keep shut down, if I release any button,

My mbp was an 2010 version,, in OSX, I buy it for work because trust of stable system, today it shut down automatically, and no weather what I try t reset mec or anythings else.... it keep shut down when boot up, if I hold any one key, it can boot up, but shut down after release the key about 10 sec...

By the way... many of the apple problem issue guide links are disable now.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:13 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 3:23 AM in response to wingho_3542

Have you tried Safe mode. Hold down the Shift key while restarting. Safe mode will take a while as it carries out checks on your system.

Also, try Recovery mode. Hold down Command and R keys while starting up, and in the window that appears, select Disk Utility and Continue. Then select your startup disk -- usually called Macintosh HD -- and in First Aid click on Repair Disk.

Mar 1, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Cunnla

Hi, thanks for help, I have try the disk repair, it finished repair at second time. But still have the problem. I also try to recover the *OS, but it show an unknown error and not allow me to continue recovery. I will try command R to partition the hard drive, then re install OSX,,, Hope it was only the hard drive goes wrong..... I already decide to replace with a ssd...

my mbp was a 2010 version, 2ghz duo core 2gb ram 🙂 using it for 3d drawing and planing online store...

Mar 1, 2015 2:36 PM in response to wingho_3542

Hi,

It looks like your hard drive is the problem. If you replace it with an SSD you will find a great improvement in speed of operations. You could also increase your RAM, but make sure you get the right kind for your Mac. The best place for buying that is at OWC.

A Windows HD will not work in a Mac unless you format it properly. That would wipe out the Windows data on the disk.

mbp keep shut down, if I release any button,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.