Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Drum Machine Designer Presets

Done a search on this, but can't find a way to save edited Drum Machine Designer kits as new user presets.

I know DMD isn't a plug-in as such, rather a fancy front end for UltraBeat tied to a load of Smart Controls, but I would have thought this would be possible.

I'm not using the Drummer track, rather trying to use DMD as a sound source for programming my own beats using customized kits. Here's my proposed workflow:

• Load DMD into a software instrument channel slot like a regular instrument.

• Swap and change a few sounds from the library.

• Save the edited kit as a new custom kit that's recallable in other projects.

It's this last bit I'm having trouble with. Using the Save button at the bottom of the Library pane like you would do for a normal plug-in saves just the effects chain but not the DMD instrument.

Has anyone had any success with this?

TIA

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:54 AM

Dave, it is that little blue triangle you have to pay attention to. It determines what type of Patches,/Settings the Library is displaying. The triangle has no name, but I call it "Display Indicator" in my books.

Click to the left of the Settings Button on the Inspector Channel Strip, when the DMD Track is selected. Now, when you use the Save Button at the bottom of the Library Window, you will save an Instrument Patch into the user directory ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/Instrument/

That content will be displayed in the Library when you select "User Patches" in the first column of the Library.

I explain all the detailed functionality of the Drum Machine Designer on 15 pages in my new revised book for LPX v10.1

"Logic Pro X - How it Works"

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Dave Clews

Dave, it is that little blue triangle you have to pay attention to. It determines what type of Patches,/Settings the Library is displaying. The triangle has no name, but I call it "Display Indicator" in my books.

Click to the left of the Settings Button on the Inspector Channel Strip, when the DMD Track is selected. Now, when you use the Save Button at the bottom of the Library Window, you will save an Instrument Patch into the user directory ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/Instrument/

That content will be displayed in the Library when you select "User Patches" in the first column of the Library.

I explain all the detailed functionality of the Drum Machine Designer on 15 pages in my new revised book for LPX v10.1

"Logic Pro X - How it Works"

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Mar 1, 2015 4:30 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar, thanks so much for such a succinct reply. Seems like it was the triangle with no name I was missing. Just tried it again and it works now. I don't know what the triangle was pointing at before, but it seems strange that it would save the whole effects chain minus the DMD as a User Patch to the same location you specified.

Anyway, thanks again for your help 🙂

Saving Drum Machine Designer Presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.