Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i create multiple fade ins and outs in one song without locking all the volumes

hello,

just trying to figure out how to do a fade out and a fade in on one song. i.e.: the playing tracks fade out as another set of tracks fades in underneath that…..the new piece plays its course….then the song goes back to where it was. my problem is whenever i do it i either lock the volumes so i have to manually adjust everything or i can put the new piece in because the automated fade has shut everything off… hope this makes sense, just some input for a newb would be nice. thanks.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 2:27 AM in response to tjfeast

Which GarageBand version are you using?

In GarageBAnd 10:

• For one project you can use the menu item "Mix > Fade out" to fade out the whole song.
  • If your project is a mix of several songs, use the "Volume" automation curve for each track to fade in and fade out.
  • Mix > Show Automation.
    Then command-click into the volume automation curve to create control points and drag them up or dow to adjust the volume,
  • User uploaded file

how do i create multiple fade ins and outs in one song without locking all the volumes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.