Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update issues

After an update I cant load itunes and get an error message cmblockbuffercopydatabytes.

Also get an error 7 and windows error 127 when trying to update

iPad Air, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:09 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Paddyl180

Hey Paddyl180,

Thank you for thinking of Apple Support Communities for your support needs.

So iTunes is stuck now. It won't open and gives error 7 and 127 when trying to update.

Error 7 is discussed in this article. Please check it out.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Note it has links to deeper steps along the way.

Regards,

Nubz

Feb 28, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Paddyl180

I have just downloaded and installed the new itunes 12.1. update to my gen. 7 nano ipod and now i get an error message telling me that my device is not recognized and if i keep having problems to uninstall and install again. I have done the latter and still get the same error message. It was working fine before the update. Any help is appreciated. oh and i am on windows 8.

Feb 28, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Paddyl180

Turingtest2's user tip Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates includes the details of the operations needed to uninstall all components of iTunes, as well as a link to an alternative installer for the current version of iTunes (labeled - somewhat misleadingly - as being "for older video cards"). This may resolve some apparent incompatibilities between the standard (full 64-bit) version of iTunes 12.1.1.4 and some 64-bit Windows systems.

Update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.